Chiropractic care is not just for back cracking or spine manipulation since it also provides holistic care for your overall wellness. The holistic chiropractic care includes the 5 essentials: core chiropractic, mindset, nutrition, oxygen and exercise, and interventions to flush out toxins in the body. Chiropractic clinics like Yentz provide holistic treatment, interventions, and counseling that cover your health and wellness's chiropractic essentials. But how does chiropractic care work? Chiropractic care has three general phases: relief care, corrective or restorative care, and wellness care. Within these three phases, the five essentials of chiropractic care are observed and practiced.
What are the phases of chiropractic care?
- Relief Care is the primary reason why you would probably seek chiropractic care. It is also the first phase in chiropractic treatment since most people seek a chiropractor's help for immediate pain relief. Hence, the main goal of visiting a chiropractic clinic is to reduce or relieve the pain. However, chiropractic treatment is not like waving a magic wand to make the problem go away. Typically, it would need two to three times to visit each week. The treatment duration and length could last for 4 to 12 weeks, depending on the pain severity.
- Corrective or restorative care is another phase in chiropractic care. Relief care is just the first phase in chiropractic care. However, pain is just a symptom of an underlying medical condition, which means that relieving pain does not make the causes of the pain go away. With this, the corrective or restorative care as the next phase should be performed or given attention. Stressing on the importance of restorative care requires receiving corrective care even after the symptoms are relieved.
For example, if bad posture is the cause of your constant back pain, your chiropractor will advise you on the right stretching and exercises to correct your bad posture. Chiropractic manipulation can relieve the back pain from bad posture. But achieving an excellent straight back through proper stretching, activities, and using back support are all part of the restorative care that would prevent you from experiencing back pain from the bad posture in the first place. The typical restorative care duration could stretch from 4-8 times each month for 6 up to 24 months, depending on your condition's severity.
- Wellness Care is the third phase of chiropractic care. The wellness care phase is to ensure that your previous problem will not return. You took time and effort to relieve the pain and restore your health, but you will need wellness care to ensure that your body's health is in its optimal state. The wellness care includes advice and counseling on proper nutrition, health, lifestyle, and even appropriate exercises, which are often ignored due to a list of excuses like busy schedules and not having enough time. So, if you want to avoid experiencing extreme discomfort and pain, chiropractic wellness care should be maintained and continued. It will not only be useful to your musculoskeletal health, but it is also suitable for your general well-being. Wellness care is also not time-consuming, and it does not take a lot of effort as well. All you need is a once a month up to four times a month visit to your chiropractor at Yentz. The frequency of visits to ensure your body's optimal health depends on your lifestyle and needs.
What is chiropractic care, and what are its benefits?
As earlier mentioned, chiropractic care is the alignment of your body's musculoskeletal structure, specifically your spine, using hands-on or device-aided manipulation. The manipulation is to restore your body's mobility after an injury like falling or repetitive stress on your spine, or other damages that may have caused you body pain and spine misalignment. Primarily, chiropractic treatment from your licensed and experienced chiropractor from Yentz aims to relieve pain from your muscles, bones, joints, and connective tissues. However, relieving pain is just one part of what chiropractic care can do for you since it also involves the 5 essentials for your body's optimal wellness.
Before your chiropractic treatment, medical and physical examinations including laboratories, and diagnostic imaging, if necessary, are taken first. It would ensure that chiropractic treatment is right for your condition, especially if the pain may be associated with other underlying conditions. The chiropractic treatment plan that often involves manual hand manipulation takes several sessions per month to run for several months or even years, depending on your condition. But aside from hand manipulation to relieve pain, you may also seek nutritional counseling and rehabilitation to avoid future discomfort and pain.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care includes a list of benefits including relief from back pain due to injury or stress, and helps reduce and treat neck pain and headaches. Other conditions like osteoarthritis and even fibromyalgia respond positively to chiropractic treatment. So, aside from the foremost benefit of relieving pain, chiropractic care generally improves the quality of your life. Listed below are some benefits of chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic care gives you a better or improved immune system to help fight viral infections and bacterial infections. Keeping a healthy immune system will ensure your well-being, and it will help you save your hard-earned money from expensive hospital fees and medications. However, a seemingly simple spine misalignment can throw the balance off your body to result in a poor immune system. A low immune system can attract infections, which can lead to a severe medical condition. With this, it is better that you spend on chiropractic care as a preventive measure against serious illnesses than burning your hard-earned savings from medical treatments.
- Chiropractic care gives you better energy by loosening up tensed muscles and joints. Sore muscles and body aches are often caused by inflammation, which reduces your mobility and vitality.
- Reducing and controlling asthma is not just through salbutamol inhalers and other medical remedies. You can try an alternative treatment like chiropractic to prevent and reduce asthma attacks. The nerves in your spine are connected to your lung functions through nerve impulses, and misalignment may not be acceptable to control asthma.
- Misalignment in your thoracic and cervical spine can affect your breathing. Misalignment of the spice can result in breathing as it can affect the lung functions. Hence, chiropractic corrections of the misalignment can help ease and treat lung inflammation and help you breathe easier.
- It may come as a surprise, but chiropractic care helps lower your blood pressure by adjusting the nerves in your upper neck.
- Chiropractic care helps you get a better balance. Exercise and stretching are recommended to help keep your balance, but chiropractic treatment also helps improve your core and your credit.
- A regular visit to your chiropractor to seek chiropractic treatment will help you improve your digestion. Just like how your spine's nerves affect your lungs' nerve impulses, it also affects the nerves to your stomach. A misaligned spine that affects nerve functions may cause you to experience acid reflux, heartburn, and gas.
- There are reports that chiropractic care may assist in having healthier pregnancies and easier birthing labor and deliveries. As your body gains weight to support your baby's growth, changes in your pelvis, and the pressure on your spine are likely to happen. The chiropractic sessions during pregnancy can ensure healthier mothers and babies.
- The discomfort and pain from a misaligned spine can give you sleepless nights. With this, a visit to your chiropractor for chiropractic correction treatment will help loosen the tension and ease the pain. It follows that the treatment will aid relaxation that could give you better rest and sleep.
- Chiropractic treatments help you improve your range of motion. Body aches, muscle sore, and joint stiffness are caused by various reasons, including spine misalignment and bad postures. It can also be caused by injuries, which can all be treated by an experienced chiropractor from Yentz.
In a nutshell, chiropractic treatment is not just back cracking. It also gives you a holistic treatment list through nutritional advice and even counseling for a better lifestyle. Proper nutrition can also lead to detoxification of your body, better breathing, and bits of advice on proper stretching and exercise are also included in the 5 essentials offered by Dr. Karl Yentz.
So, if you want to reap the benefits of chiropractic care, call the chiropractic clinic and book your appointment now. It is best to spend time and effort on your chiropractic care to prevent illnesses. In relieving pain, it is better to avoid taking medications but visit your chiropractor for an alternative and holistic pain relief instead. As the adage goes, prevention is better than cure, so it is best to give your body the holistic care it deserves.